Frequently Asked Questions
Thanks for subscribing and being a member of Romancelatina.com, on this page you can find answers to the most common questions. You can login to Romancelatina and start meeting single Latin women using your userid and password that you created during registration. The charges on your credit card or bank statement will display as ClickBank or CLKBANK*COM. If you have any questions please email is at firstname.lastname@example.org
We offer instant IM with auto translate, no need to cut and paste from Google translate. You can chat with lovely Latin ladies even if you do not speak Spanish. Start chatting with sexy Colombian ladies, Chile women, Peru, Argentinian women and Dominican women now!, you can chat with them in English they will receive Spanish directly on the cell phones.
Frequently asked questions - FAQ
- Does the promotional Phone offer apply to me?
- How can I upgrade and pay for my membership?
- How do I upload a photo ?
- What are the guidelines to upload a photo?
- What is the correct way to enter a phone number?
- How to cancel my subscription or stop recurring payments
- How does the messaging work ?
- How can I stop receiving messages on my phone ?
- How does the Chat work ?
- Can I send Money to Colombia, if someone asks me ?
- What safety measures should I take before meeting or traveling to Colombia ?
- How do I delete Romancelatina account ?
- How can I personalize my profile with Custom HTML and add YouTube and Flicker to my profile ?
- I forgot my password can I retrieve it ?
- How do I change the password ?
- I am not getting enough responses from members what should i do ?
- Where do I learn about dating Latin or Colombian women ?
- How do I change the main photo or main thumbnail photo ?
- How do white list Emails from Romancelatina ?
- Q: Does the promotional Phone offer apply to me ?
- A: The promotional iPhone and Blackberry offer is only for women in Latin and Colombian women.
- Q:How can I join and pay for my membership ?
- A: Site is free to join. Free membership allows you to browse all the profiles. You can choose to upgrade to Gold, Featured or Premium membership after the trial period.
Gold membership is only $19.99 a month, this gives you unlimited messages to other members, access to Instant messaging, SMS delivery to Colombian Women and all the exiting features of the site. Compare this to $1000's of dollars to pay to Marriage Agencies in Colombia and $24.99 you pay to other dating sites featuring Colombian ladies and Colombian singles.
Featured membership is only $24.99 month, you will be featured on our Colombian featured members page, this can give you 4 times as many responses as our normal members, you can also send unlimited messages to Colombian ladies and Colombian singles, we provide instant access to South American women using our auto translate Instant Messaging. We offer SMS delivery of all messages to Colombian women and more ...
Premium membership is only $29.99 per month, you get instant access to Email of beautiful Colombian ladies and Colombian singles and phone numbers of pre selected beautiful Colombian Women, there is no wait, you can add them to your MSN and start chatting instantly, or pick up the phone and start the conversation with beautiful latin ladies. If you travel to Colombia often and you want unlimited access to girls at all time, this is the membership you want !!!
We are the only site in Latin America that can deliver text messages to cellphones of the girls. This will make it easy to contact Colombian ladies and Colombian singles anytime and anywhere, in Latin America the PC penetration is only 4% compared to 98% penetration rates for Cell phones. You can instantly send and receive messages to Colombian women.
- Q: How do I upload a photo ?
- A:Click on MyProfile in the top menu and then click on Upload photo on the left side menu, or Click on this link Upload Photo
- Q:What are the guidelines to upload a photo?
- A: Profiles without photos will be put on Hold, until you upload a photo. Profiles without photos do not get any responses from other members.
Following are the guidelines:
1. Your thumbnail or primary photo should show a closeup of your face, the thumnbnail should be identical to your passport photo.
2. Do not wear any sun glasses, hat, swimming dress, let the women appreciate your eyes and your face.
3. Your photos should clearly show your eyes and a good smiling face. Photo cannot be too dark, or too bright or too small.
4. You cannot upload group photos or picture where you are really far away. You need to be the only person in the photo.
5. Group photos, photos with a person other than yourself, sexually explicit photos, black and white photos, low resolution photos will not be approved.
6. A shirt is required, photos without shirt are not approved.
7. Do not upload photos with other women with you.
You can also choose to password protect your photo or display only to friends. Profiles with photos will get best responses from Colombian women.Profiles without photos look very suspicious. Your photo is the most important attribute and is the key to finding love.
Photos are manually reviewed and approved.
- Q:What is the correct way to enter the phone number?
- A: The Phone Number you enter in your profile should not have any spaces, dashes or area code, the phone should be 10 digits only , and we prefer that you validate your phone number. You can use the validation feature available in the profile edit to validate your number. You will receive a code to your cell phone, you have to input the number back in to the Romancelatina.com website to validate the number. Phone number is required only for US, Canada and Colombia.
- Q:How do i cancel my subscription or stop recurring payments from PayPal and CCbill ?
- A.You will be billed every month unless you cancel the subscription to Romancelatina. To cancel your subscription you have to login to your Paypal or CCbill account and cancel your subscriptions. There is nothing you need to do in Romancelatina. You do not have to send us an Email. We do not manage your subscriptions and we do not store your Credit card information. If we do not receive your payment from CCbill or PayPal your subscription will be canceled automatically by Romancelatina. Your monthly recurring subscriptions are managed by CCbill and PayPal.
If you're using PayPal as your payment method, please be sure to cancel your subscription with PayPal to prevent future billing. The steps to do this are listed below:
1. Log in to your PayPal account.
2. Click the My Account tab.
3. Click the History subtab.
4. Click More filters, select Subscriptions and agreements, and then click Subscriptions.
5. Change the date back to the year the subscription was created, and then click Show.
6. Click Details next to the subscription.
7. Click Cancel Subscription.
for CCbill contact CCbill support or login to your account to see the option to cancel your subscriptions. The link to cancel is on the middle of the page. CCbill
Question: If I upgrade my account to a paid subscription, and then decide later on to cancel my paid subscription, will I still be able to keep my same Free profile on Romance Latina with my friends list.
Ans: Yes, you can keep your free profile and friends list. You cannot contact women.
- Q:How does the messaging work ?
- A:Messages sent by other members will be sent to cell phones of Colombian girls and to members all around the world, based on your subscription level and your preferences. If you have entered your cell phone in your profile and set your preferences to receive SMS messages, you will be send member to member messages. We use our own cell phone network to deliver messages to beautiful , sexy , single Colombian ladies, Colombian singles , Colombian girls and Colombian women.
You can also send custom SMS messages to anyone in Colombia, USA and around the world, by using the Send SMS interface.
- Q: How can I stop receiving messages on my phone ?
- A: In your profile preferences, you can choose not to receive an SMS. There is a simple flag that you can check. You will not receive SMS on your Cellphone.
- Q:How does the Chat work ?
- A: There are three ways you can chat on Romancelatina, 1. Chat with translator (AJAX technology based Chat), 2. MSN like chat (Popup chat, is also based on Flash technology ), our chat technology is very similar to what MSN and Facebook will use. For "Chat with Translate" to work you have to enable the popup's from Romancelatina in your browser settings. For Flash chat to work you need Adobe Flash installed in your browser as a plugin. Chrome: Google Chrome prevents pop-ups from automatically appearing and cluttering your screen. Whenever the browser blocks pop-ups for a site, the blocked pop-up alert icon appears in the address bar. Click the icon to see the pop-ups that have been blocked or to manage pop-up settings for the site. Firefox: Pop-up windows, or pop-ups, are windows that appear automatically without your permission. They vary in size but usually don't cover the whole screen. Some pop-ups open on top of the current Firefox window, while others appear underneath Firefox (pop-unders). Firefox allows you to control both pop-ups and pop-unders through the Content panel in the Options window. Pop-up blocking is turned on by default, so you don't have to worry about enabling it to prevent pop-ups from appearing in Firefox. When blocking a pop-up, Firefox displays an information bar (if it hasn’t been previously dismissed — see below), as well as an icon pop-up-icon-win in the location bar.
Women do not wish to chat with men they do not know, the best way to start a chat is to first contact them by mail, add them as a friend, send them a message, if they respond to your mail, then ask if you can chat with them, setup a time when both of you can be online. Sending chat to people you do not know will not work, you may not get a response. In Colombia many women go to internet Cafe's and pay to use the computer, i.e they are on the clock and spending money they just earned, they just want to quickly respond to messages and chat with people they know or interested in. First get to know them before you send a Chat invitation.
- Q: What safety measures should I take before meeting or traveling to Colombia ?
- A: Your safety is your responsibility, We do not screen members or members photos.We do not take any responsibility for any material misrepresentation by members. It is your responsibility to screen the member and take all safety measures before you meet your date. Following are some measures that you can take.
Always meet your date in a well lit area and in a public place. The best place to meet to meet is your hotel or the place you are staying. The place where you are comfortable with.
When you meet your date, always ask for an identification and do not travel alone. Travel with a friend or with a trusted guide.
Be suspicious of every thing, use your common sense.
Never ask someone to meet you at the airport or arrange that they pick you up at the airport. Use only reliable transportation to and from airport to the hotel. It is preferred that you use hotel transportation.
Always carry a photo identification with you and do not carry large sums of cash.
Find out as much as possible about the person you are communicating with before you meet them in person. Communicate extensively using email, instant messaging or chat prior to calling the other person. Do not disclose your phone number or personal contact information until you feel comfortable to do so.
Try to request multiple photos of the person you are communicating with. Ask to see photos of the person in a variety of situations at at different times in their life. This helps to 'paint a picture' of the person and can be useful to understand more about that person.
We do not validate the identity of a member or the information that they submit on a profile. Although we take steps to eliminate any suspect members, it is not possible to be 100% sure that all members will be honest and truthful in their dealings with other members. Be alert and use common sense when communicating with other members.
- Q: Can I send Money to Colombia, if someone asks me ?
- A:NEVER, NEVER, NEVER send cash to anyone who you met online Common examples of scams include requests for money for payments for large items such as plane tickets, legal fees, visa fees, medical expenses, marriage annulment fees etc.
If you ever consider assisting someone in another country who you met online to visit you then first check their visa eligibility with your Immigration department.
NEVER send cash for someone from another country to purchase a plane ticket, pay for visa or legal costs or anything else associated with a visit to you. If you feel you must assist this person then always buy the ticket yourself directly on the behalf of the visitor and check the ticket can be refunded in case you need to cancel it. Similarly, if you must pay for visa fees, annulment fees or other large expenses always pay the expense directly after you have verified the invoice and organization issuing the invoice is genuine.
Some people in developing countries may ask for small amounts of money to pay for internet access or phone costs for communicating with you. We recommend never sending money to anyone who you have not yet met in person.
Be suspicious of people who appear to be overly persistent or aggressive in their requests for money.
Be particularly suspicious of people who request more money as soon as you send something.
Report all suspect behavior to our customer service team immediately
- Q:How do I delete Romancelatina account ?
- A: Please delete your photo in the profile edit section, this will put your profile in a suspended status. Your profile will not be seen. Send Emal to email@example.com with "Delete profile" in header. Your profile will be deleted completely. We are working on making this a self service feature.
- Q:How can I personalize my profile with Custom HTML and add Youtube and Flicker to my profile ?
- A:Personalize your profile with Youtube videos, Flicker slide shows, weather feeds and any thing you like. This is unique to RomanceLatina only.
Click on MyProfile and then Build Profile, just drag and drop the Custom HTML icons, then add Youtube and Fliker code
Profile info here. Customize your page with HTML, drag and drop icons with name "Second HTML" .., then click on Profile HTML , Cut and paste any HTML or Youtube embedded code and save
Example Youtube Code
<object > width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube...com/v/pXtvGsYS0UM&hl=en_US&fs=1&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube...com/v/pXtvGsYS0UM&hl=en_US&fs=1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>
- Q: I forgot my password can I retrieve it ?
- Your password can be sent to your Email on record, Click here to retrieve your password Forgot password
- Q: How do I change the password ?
- Click on Edit profile, you will see a link at the top to change your password.
- Q:I am not getting enough responses from members what should i do ?
- Please follow these simple guidelines to increase your changes of meeting beautiful Latin Women.
1. In Colombia members use only hotmail, do not give your yahoo, Gmail or Skype ID for communication, they do not use those tools in Colombia. They cannot contact you!. It is recommended that you add female members to your MSN, Yahoo or Gmail.
2. In Colombia members speak only Spanish, if you send a message in English, do not expect a reply. You will increase your chances if you write in Spanish.
3. Before you send IM to a member , you should first make a contact via Send Message feature. After you receive a reply, send a Chat invite when they are online. That works the best. Women are not comfortable chatting with strangers.
4. A photo is a must, do not expect a reply if you do not have a photo. Your photo should show your full face, without sunglasses and hat, look straight into the camera. A smile is a also a must. Women love to see a smiling face. If you cannot smile , you cannot make them smile. Women love men who can make them smile !. Do no upload photos with women(trophy) next to you. That sends a wrong signal. You got to love how a Latin women goes out of her way to look good for you. You have to appreciate, respect and reciprocate. Invest in a good photo.
5. Do not make explicit sexual solicitations, women do not like that and they do not appreciate that as well. You have to be patient.
6. Improve your interactions using other features like forums and blogs. Reply to a forum post or post a blog and improve your changes to meet beautiful Colombian women. Do not relay just on IM.
7. Add a good description and be truthful , explain who you are, what you like and what you looking for.
- Q: Where do I learn about dating Latin and Colombian Women ?
- Click here to read articles on dating Latin women Dating Latin Women
- Q: How to I change the main photo or main profile thumbnail photo ?
- First click on "Upload photo", then click on any photo that you like to make as main photo or main Thumbnail photo, then click on "Make Thumbnail"
- Q: How to add Romancelatina to Email whitelist?
- How to Whitelist an Email Address Below is information on how to whitelist romancelatina with AOL, Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, Outlook, Apple Mail, ThunderBird and Postini. Even if your ISP or email program is not listed, with these instructions you should be able to figure out how to whitelist our email address at any ISP or with any email program. Also, if you find email from firstname.lastname@example.org in your spam or junk folder, please take that opportunity to tell your mail program that it is not spam by hitting the "not spam", "not junk" or similar button, as that will train your program to whitelist it. AOL To add email@example.com to your AOL address book: Open an email from us and then click the 'This Is Not Spam' button Click the Mail menu and select Address Book Wait for the Address Book window to pop up, then click the 'Add' button Wait for the Address Card for New Contact window to load Paste firstname.lastname@example.org into the ‘Other E-Mail’ field Make our "From" address, email@example.com, the Primary E-Mail address by checking the appropriate box Click "Save" Yahoo! To whitelist firstname.lastname@example.org with Yahoo!, you will need to set up a "filter" after first taking the following steps: If you find email from email@example.com is going to your Yahoo! bulk folder, open it and click "Not Spam" Be sure that the address firstname.lastname@example.org is not in your "Blocked Addresses" list. If email@example.com is on your "Blocked Addresses" list, select it and click "Remove Block" Now to create the filter: Open your mail and click on "Mail Options" in the upper right hand corner Select 'Filters' (in the bottom left corner) On the Filters page, click "Add" Select the "From header:" rule, and add "contains" and firstname.lastname@example.org, which tells the system to put email with email@example.com in your inbox and not the bulk folder. Click the "Choose Folder" pull down menu and select 'Inbox' Pick the Add Filter button Hotmail To whitelist our address with Hotmail you will need to add firstname.lastname@example.org to your Hotmail Safe List. Here's how: First, if you find email from us in your Hotmail junk folder, open the email and click "Not Junk" Next, check to see if if the email address email@example.com is on your Blocked Senders list. If you find firstname.lastname@example.org on your Hotmail blocked senders list, select it and click on the "Remove" button. Next, open your mailbox and click "Options" in the upper right hand corner At the top of the page, click on the "Junk E-mail Protection" link Next, click on "Safe List", which is down near the bottom Copy and paste email@example.com where it says "Type an address or domain" Click the "Add" button Gmail First, if you find email from us in your Gmail spam folder, select our email and click the "Not Spam" button Next, open an email that you have received from us Click on the little down-pointing-triangle-arrow next to "Reply": Click "Add romancelatina to Contacts list" Microsoft Outlook On the Tools menu, click Options On the Preferences tab, click Junk E-mail On the Safe Senders tab, click Add Add firstname.lastname@example.org where it says "Add address" Click OK Thunderbird To whitelist in Thunderbird, you will need to add email@example.com to your address book, and then set up your Thunderbird Junk Mail Controls to whitelist your address book. First, if you find email from firstname.lastname@example.org in your Junk folder, right-click on our email and choose "Mark as Not Junk" Next, click the Address Book button Highlight the Personal Address Book Click on "New Card" In the "Contact" tab of the new card, copy and paste email@example.com to the email dialog box Click "Ok" Next, to whitelist your address book, select "Tools > Junk Mail Controls" from the drop down menu Update the "White Lists" module under the "Settings" tab by selecting "Personal Address Book" from the drop down menu, and then check the box next to "Do not mark messages as junk mail" Click "Ok" Apple Mail for OS X First, if email from firstname.lastname@example.org ends up in your junk folder, highlight or open it and click "Not Junk" at the top of your screen. Then: Go to Mail > Preferences from your Mail menu Go to the Rules tab Select Add Rule Give this rule a name such as "romancelatina" Create a rule that says "If any of the following conditions are met: 'From' 'Contains'" and then paste in "email@example.com" From the actions, select 'Move message' to mailbox 'Inbox'. Click "OK" Postini You do not need to whitelist email from romancelatina in Postini unless you find it trapped in the "Junk" area by Postini. Log into your Postini account Look to see if any email from firstname.lastname@example.org is listed in your Junk area If you find email from email@example.com in the Junk area, check the check box next to the email from firstname.lastname@example.org Click the "Deliver Selected" link at the very top of the Junk screen On the next screen, click the "Approve Sender" check box next to the email from email@example.com Click the "Approve Selected Senders" button Read more on the romancelatina Blog: http://blog.romancelatina.com/